Some homes sell faster than others and bring in more money. A good preparation can make a world of difference and save you a lot of headaches down the road. Here are a few home selling tips that are guaranteed to get your home in its best shape for the market.
A house that ‘sparkles’ on the surface can sell quicker than its shabby neighbor, even supposing they both are structurally equally well-maintained.
From expertise, I can say that a “well-polished” house appeals to the vast majority of potential buyers and can sell quicker and for a better price. What’s more, most buyers will feel more secure making an offer on a home that looks well-cared for since they believe there’s less chance of hidden defects. So in order to get your home ready to put on the market you should take the following home selling tips into account:
- how much you’re willing to invest
- the outside, curb appeal and first impression
- the interior look and feel
How much should you invest?
In making your home ready for the market, invest as little cash as possible. Home shoppers are going to be positively affected by a new roof, however you will probably not get a full return of your investment. There’s a giant distinction between doing minor and cheap enhancements to your home, like putting some new knobs on cupboards and a new coat of neutral paint in the family, and doing in depth and expensive renovations, like replacing an entire bathroom. Your REALTOR® knows what buyers’ are expecting in your neighborhood and will advise you specifically on what enhancements have to be done.
Maximizing curb appeal for a great first impression
Before listing your house for sale, take the maximum amount of time necessary (and as very little cash as possible) to maximize its exterior and interior attractiveness. Tips to boost your home’s exterior and curb appeal:
- Keep the field edged, cut and mow often.
- Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees often.
- Check the walkways, steps, walls and patios for cracks and crumbling.
- Examine doors and windows for chipped paint.
- Clean and straighten gutters.
- Repair and replace loose or broken roof shingles.
- Repair and repaint loose siding and caulking.
- For Wintertime selling, keep sidewalks cleared of snow and ice.
- Throughout spring and summer months take into account adding a number of showy annuals, maybe in pots, close to your outside door.
- Repair cracks in the driveway.
- Keep your garage door closed.
- Store RVs and cars elsewhere while the home is on the market.
- Re-paint the front entrance.
Make your interior more appealing:
- Clean and de-clutter every room in your house. This alone can create your house seem larger and brighter. Consider putting excess furniture and personal possessions in storage to provide a more spacious impression. When listing with us, we provide a professional staging consult free of charge that will make sure your home looks like a model.
- Consider hiring professional cleaning help while the home is listed. We include one professional cleaning free of charge to get your home sparkling for picture day.
- Clean out your closets and empty the counters to create a better flowing more spacious home. Since you’re planning a move anyway, having a yard sale before listing may be the way to go.
- If necessary, paint the walls with a neutral color.
These are just a few
home selling tips
to make sure your home will sell faster and for more money. Every home is unique and requires a specific approach. We will make a marketing plan that is tailored around your home and your specific situation to make sure you get every dollar you deserve.